It can very useful to get in touch with others sound curators and collections. Here are some networks throughout UK and Europe :
- Scotland’s Sounds – network currently coordinated by the National Library of Scotland. Email email@example.com to join mailing list.
- British & Irish Sound Archive (BISA): sign up to the BISA mailing list
- Archives and Records Association Film, Sound & Photography interest group
- Europeana Sounds
- International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives
Courses and professional development:
- Oral History Society: Archival Management of Oral History Collections (1-day)
- University of Dundee Centre for Archive and Information Studies (CAIS): Single distance learning module RMS51006 ‘Sound & Vision: Managing and Preserving Photographs, Film and Sound’
Is there something we’ve missed? Please let Amy know on firstname.lastname@example.org – we’re keen to keep updating this list.